Monday, September 21, 2009

adult content

Student:  "I don't know why adults always ask us these questions."  (referring to a question I just asked him).


Me Thinking:  "I can't believe YOU think I am an adult!?!?!"

Talking to a student--a HIGH SCHOOL student--is something I have always enjoyed and felt comfortable doing; I am 23, they are 18... not a huge age gap there.  However, today I have stepped into the realm of adulthood, and my student has clearly drawn the line between youth and ME.  Hmmm.  I don't feel Adult.

* * *

Being 23, about to turn 24, doesn't feel as old as I thought it would.  My birthday is Wednesday, and I am nothing like I thought I'd be at this age.  When I was 18:  "I want to be finished having children by the time I'm 25---otherwise I'll be too old!!" 

Whatever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment